Spring Run Church was started in the 1850's as part of the circuit rider’s ministry to serve pioneer people commissioned by the Evangelical Denomination. Services were held in homes and the Pitchin schoolhouse. The earliest records available indicated that Christian work was begun in this area by Rev. J. Bizzard, a preacher and blacksmith, who was appointed to Spring Run as early as 1862.
Spring Run Church has a long history of ministry and was most recently affiliated with the Methodist Church, but in 2012 they became a non-denominational church focused on Bible-based teaching. Spring Run strives to be a family church, teaching the Word of God and supporting missions all over the world and locally.